Aug 8, 2014

Departure

Today was my last day (at least for a while) in the Netherlands. Most of my stuff, after some struggling, was packed into two big suitcases. After checking them in, we went to Starbucks where a couple of friends surprised me by stopping by to wave me goodbye. Yoren, Hugo, Martine, Lotte and Hannah: you guys are the best! After some catching up it was really time to get to my gate. After a lot of hugs, kisses and some small tears, my mom, Julie and I got on our plane to the U.S.A. 

After arriving and eating in Washington D.C. it was time for me to get to my transfer flight (my mom and Julie had a different connecting flight). I'm not sure how this happened, but it turned out that all three of our suitcases were on my plane. So after arriving in Columbus and finding the baggage claim, I had to walk through half the airport with three suitcases and my own hand-luggage. Imagine my horror: I haven't been able to go to the toilet in six hours because I can't leave four big pieces of luggage alone. 

So here I am - twenty-two hours after arriving at Schiphol, in Columbus - waiting for Caroline and Julie to arrive so we can get to our hotel, or, if it's up to them, to get to the nearest Walmart. But being as excited as I am to start with college, I don't really care what their plan is ;)

Checking in at Schiphol

Having Starbucks with some friends that I won't see for eleven months!

I'm going to miss my family.. I love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Jeetje peer, daar ga je dan echt! Ontzettend leuk dat je een blog gaat bijhouden. Ben heel benieuwd naar al je avonturen. Heel veel plezier in Ohio en vooral veel genieten! X Tatjana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Echt spannend! Ik zal proberen regelmatig een update te plaatsen haha. Dankjewel! Kusjes

      Delete