Apr 16, 2015

Dad visits! - Springfield, Cincinnati and Indianapolis

We got back to campus on Tuesday, in the late afternoon. We had dinner in the CDR and I went to class after. I did some homework after class and got to catch up with some of my friends.

After my 8 AM class on Wednesday, we left for Cincinnati. We started our day in the Signs Museum, just outside of downtown Cincinnati. This relatively new museum was filled with old neon signs (which are a big thing in the U.S.) and information about these signs. We didn't stay for too long, but it was fun to learn some more about something so typically American. We spent most of our day wandering around downtown Cincinnati, hanging out around the Reds stadium and having a snack in one of the many sports bars surrounding the stadiums. We left during the afternoon to watch the Imitation Game, a great movie that still leaves me speechless. We once again had steak for dinner (my mind was set on eating as much meat while my dad was visiting as possible), this time in an Outback Steakhouse.

Thursday we spent in Springfield. I had some classes that I had to go to, and my dad wanted to see some more of campus. I went to my morning class and joined my dad in the library to do some work. Ross, one of Neo's host parents, picked us up at 12.30 PM for lunch. Ross and my dad got along well, and it was fun to see that Ross knew basically everyone in the restaurant we visited. After lunch we went back to the library, had dinner in the CDR again and after that I went to my night class.

Friday, after my classes, we left for Indianapolis. As soon as we arrived we checked in, dropped our bags, got dinner and went straight to the Bankers Life Fieldhouse to see a game between the Indianapolis Pacers and the Cleveland Cavaliers (NBA). We had great seats and while it was a shame that Lebrun James could not play, the game was great. The Pacers won.

On our way back to the hotel, we noticed that Maroon 5 was playing THE NEXT DAY in the Bankers Life Fieldhouse. We were already planning on spending Saturday wandering around Indianapolis, but now it seemed that we were staying there another evening too. We spent the day seeing monuments, the NCAA Hall of Fame and the Indiana State Museum. We finished our day by having dinner at Hooters and seeing Maroon 5 perform, which was a dream come true for me. The drive back was a long one because of the horrible weather, and we got back around 3 AM. We had a sleep over in my dorm room, which was a lot of fun.

We had to get up early because we had no idea how long it would take dad to get to Columbus again, but still had time for breakfast at Panera. After that it was really time to say goodbye to my dad.


The Signs Museum in Cincinnati 

The Great American Ball Park (Cincinnati Reds)

Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati

Cincinnati

Just had Nacho's in a sportsbar in Cincinnati

Wittenberg University New Residence Hall

Texas Steakhouse in Springfield, with Sarah and Vicky

Wittenberg University

Dinner! In Indianapolis

Bankers Life Fieldhouse, home of the Indiana Pacers

Indiana Pacers

In the Bankers Life Fieldhouse, home of the Indiana Pacers

Indiana Pacers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers

Indiana Pacers vs. Cleveland Cavaliers

Civil War Monument in Indianapolis

Civil War Monument in Indianapolis

Indianapolis

Indianapolis

NCAA Headquarters

Maroon 5 Concert in the Bankers Life Fieldhouse!

Maroon 5


1 comment:

  1. I've been to every larger venue in the town and this is one of the best. Their menu is small but at least they seem to do what they have on it well. The event space New York have a variety of salads and sandwiches, and a fresh daily soup.

    ReplyDelete