Apr 12, 2015

Parties

Every weekend there are parties at Wittenberg, Most of them are closed, some of them are open. I try to make it to all the parties that I get invited to, because it's a great place to catch up with people, to have fun and to make new friends. Often, after a house party, people go to the bar to hang out and dance some more, and sometimes people go the bar simply to get a pizza.  While most parties don't have a theme and are just relaxed, playing sprite-pong and getting on a sugar high of sprite, a lot of parties do have a theme and I love it.

Some of my favourite parties here at Wittenberg were "highlighter parties". The theme is simple: wear a white t-shirt that may be ruined. At the parties, there are highlighters everywhere for everyone to use. You write on people their shirts and they write on yours. Because of the backlights that they use at these parties, everyone can see what people wrote on you. It's lots of fun and the t-shirts are great souvenirs from a fun time.

One of the more recent parties I was at had four themes - one of them being Mexican. I personally didn't really have any Mexican clothes, or colourful clothes in general for that matter, and borrowed an Aztec dress from Neo. Martin invited me to this party and it was lots of fun to see everyone dressed up differently. Once again I had a great time drinking sprite, dancing and playing sprite-pong.

On Valentine's Day I had two fun parties to go to, both with the same theme: while they weren't formals, the theme was. I dressed in a red dress and started the night pre-gaming and getting my ticket into the bar at the blue house. After hanging out there for a while, me and my friend Akbar went to the first party. There were lots of snakes here and it was fun to hang out with them again.  After a while, Akbar, Tom, Francesca, Anna and I went to the next party by car because there was snow and ice everywhere (don’t worry we were all completely sober). The party was held on the second floor of the bar, and the sprite was taken care of. Anna, Francesca and I were the only snakes in a sea of DG's, but we had lots of fun. The party ended at 12, after which everyone moved downstairs to continue their night at the bar.

Parties are lots of fun and once again a great place to have fun, hang out with friends and to meet people and make new friends. If you are a prospective student reading this: please go to lots of the open parties in the beginning of the year! This is the way to not only get invites to closed parties, but also to meet people that you would have never met if it wasn't for those parties. Some of my best friends now I met during those parties, in the beginning of the year. Also, know that there is no pressure to drink sprite (or alcohol for that matter): no one cares about whether you are sober, on a sugar high or drunk: they only care about getting to know you and about (you) having fun.


Highlighter party - Everyone had neon paint on their face

The highlighter party

The highlighter party

Party with Josh, Alex and Jenny

Dumb & Dumber

Selty, Kiersten and I

Valentine's with Bebeto

Valentine's with Micky and Martin

Valentine's with Mac and Elizabeth

Valentine's with Amanda

Snakepit at the bar! With Anna and Francesca

Rave/ Highlighter party with Akbar

Friends! Meghan, Sabrina and Nicole

Twins!

Victoria & Maria at the rave

Rave

1 comment:

  1. The more corporate holiday party ideas I find the more I am learning about throwing a good party. It is always a good idea to write down such tips or putting them on a computer. Because many times you will find yourself preparing for a party in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete